Wednesday, March 16, 2011

Bad News and Good News

A little over a month ago I was weighing in at 179 and set a goal to be down to 175 in a month.

The Bad News:

I didn't make it. In fact, I'm currently weighing in at 180. Not exactly the direction I wanted to be going in. Right after I made that post and set that goal, I had a HUGE test (like, "pass it or you get held back a year" huge), so I pretty much spent the whole week sedentary. All I did was sit and eat. So at least I know why I didn't lose any weight.

The Good News:

I have been doing awesome in March! The last time I ran over 26 miles in a month was last July. So far in March I've done 28.16 - and we're only halfway though the month! I've actually been as high as 183 since that post, so I know I'm moving in the right direction now. And even though it's taking me longer than I wanted to get back to where I was last summer, I am starting to feel better, which is important too. I've finally got back the mentality that I'm excited to go running! So I'll keep the same goal: 175 a month from now. This time I won't even let studying get in the way!

More Good News:

I'm going to be a dad! You probably know this, because nobody reads this that isn't in my facebook friend. But in case you didn't see our announcement, Amy is due on September 16th. Here's a picture of our little fetus (I want wait until we find out the sex so I'll be able to call it something more endearing than a fetus; "little guy" or "little girl" sounds so much nicer):

Trust me, it's in there.

Tonight we have another appointment where hopefully we will be able to hear the baby's heartbeat. I'm so excited!

On a related note, Amy and I want to blog more about the experiences we're having during the pregnancy (and then, of course, our experiences being parents!), so we will likely be getting a new blog address soon. And hopefully Amy will do some blogging too. Not sure when we'll have the time to set it up (maybe next week, Spring Break!), but I'll keep you posted.

2 comments:

Brittany Petersen said...

Love it, love it, love it!!!

Lindsay said...

Congrats, man! Excited to see more updates too