The last few months have been pretty crazy. The last four weeks of the school semester ended with me burying myself in a cave and studying (although I'm still not as good at studying as I should be. Probably because I took my laptop into that cave with me, which has Spider Solitaire on it. Golly that game is addicting.) But two good things happened while I was in there. 1) Despite her heart constantly longing for me, Amy had the privilege of watching as many Chick Flicks as she wanted to. So she was very happy and giggly for that month. and 2), I actually learned enough in that cave to pass my exams! They took their sweet time giving us our scores, but I finally got word that I did well on all my finals. Memorizing the 77 different special and muscle tests for the upper extremity (arm) turned out to be worth it in the end.

It wasn't all parties after that, though. The next week was spent moving. Amy and I took a leap of faith and decided to move into my parents' basement. I know it's not the most thrilling idea, but they are kind people who won't cause us to pay rent. So we'll be able to save up a bunch of money each month to put towards our future goals like a house or a child, and hope it doesn't get instead devoured by the Tuition Monster (interest rates are ridiculous right now, even on student loans!) So once again, we are residents in my folks' basement.
Initially, I was excited to rejoin the ward I grew up in, yet thought it strange that the bishopric members can now fly. Things sure have changed since I left. They were lazily circling over the heads of the congregation, and on our way out, one of them swooped down on us. No kidding, we hadn't even been in the ward 3 hours and they had a calling for us already. Teaching 4 year olds in primary. I can't think of anything I would want to do less. I was hoping I'd get ward bulletin maker or post-meeting chair stacker, but no. Someone saw it fit that I be punished for my sins. ugh.
It's nice not to have to worry about anything during the Christmas break. I have been extra lazy, yet am now dealing with the side effect that my body clock as set itself to Australia time. I'm up 'til 4:00 am and sleeping in 'til 1:00 pm. I've got one more week to right the ship before school starts again.
One other update about me: I still haven't cut my hair. Just to spite all of you who told me to cut it.
And finally, I've been listening to a lot of music this week, trying to decide what my favorite albums of this past year were. So get ready for my Favorite Albums of '09 blog coming soon. You know you're excited...
2 comments:
I was on the verge of making fun of you for your new calling, but due to fear of karma-like retribution from God, all I'm going to say is that "I am perfectly content with my calling and would be greatful to not have my call changed to a similar calling."
Just for the record, I want you to know that I have successfully beaten the four-suit version of Spider Solitaire. On two separate occasions. I know, right?
Also, Primary RULES!!! No battles. Sorry, now you have to like it.
Post a Comment