Saturday, September 12, 2009
Study Music
I have severe issues with paying attention, especially when I'm studying (I call it adult-onset a.d.d.), but I find that when I have some instrumental music going in my headphones I do a lot better. I have a small mix of study music on my iPod that includes some Mozart and Chopin, some violinist named Nicola Benedetti, Brian Eno, and a bunch of tracks from a collection called Classical Chillout. But I'm starting to get tired of the same old stuff, so this is my plea to you, reader, to give me some suggestions on what I can listen to while I study. I just need something instrumental (words are very distracting and hence counterproductive) that will fill my ears but not drag my attention to it. Any ideas? Please comment!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
Sammy, how about some Marvin Goldstein piano church music?
I'm a fan of the movie soundtracks. I find that they can be good to listen to. The gladiator soundtrack is a good place to start...
Sam, I *have* to edit to piano music, so I know where you're coming from. My #1 go-to for this is Pandora—I use the station "Little Star by Jim Brickman. I prefer it because it mixes things up for me and there's not nearly as much repetition as there would be otherwise.
Also, I have a ton of mp3s at home that I would be happy to share any time you want to come visit me.
Post a Comment